1. What type of support do I get with Shelby's franchise?
You get access to our brand, recipes & procedures, vendors, training, store build-out & trade dress, website, social media, online ordering, gift card program, etc. Most importantly, you get to be a part of a dynamic organization that is dedicated to serving unbeatable shawarma in a completely new way.
2. What are Shelby's franchise fees?
Our initial franchise fee is $25,000 per restaurant. Our continuing royalty fee is 5% of gross sales and our marketing fee is 2% of gross sales.
3. Can I secure a province to develop multiple Shelby's restaurants?
Depending on your qualifications, we will award franchises for multiple restaurants (under an area development agreement).
4. What is the typical size of Shelby's restaurant?
The ideal size is 1,400 - 2,000 square feet, plus an outdoor patio. Depending on the location.
5. Do I need to have a location in mind?
You should be familiar with the trade area that you want to develop. We will discuss the options for securing a restaurant location during the franchise evaluation process.
6. What is the typical cost of Shelby's restaurant?
Our FDD lists a range of $390,000 to $550,000.
7. Do I need to be involved in the operations of my Shelby's?
Either you or a designated Operating Principal (that owns at least 25% equity) must be involved in the day-to-day operations of the restaurant(s). We are looking for strong operators not only investors.
8. What are the financial requirements to open Shelby's franchise?
You and your partners must have a minimum liquidity of about $100k (i.e. cash reserves) per restaurant to be developed.
9. What are the typical store hours of operation?
Generally, 11 am until about 10 pm.
10. What type of training is provided by Shelby's?
You will be trained for 2 weeks prior to the opening at your restaurant's location, followed by another 2 additional weeks of training at your store.
11. Approximately how long will it take to open my Shelby's store?
It will take about 8 weeks to build your store after you have taken possession of your location. Generally, it takes about 8 weeks to create architectural plans, get permits and select a contractor prior to starting the 8 weeks construction process. So the total is about 4 months.
12. What is the next step?
Fill out the online franchise inquiry form and we'll get in touch with you.